- TRENDING NOW
- ‘I Have Had Sex On The Beach” – Juliet Ibrahim Reveals On My Honor Show
- Breaking News: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Sign Bail Bond For Nnamdi Kanu
- Kim’s Ass Broke The Way A Generation Of Girls See Themselves – Says Katie Hopkins
- Nigerian Guy Begs South Koreans Leader To Please Help Bomb His Uncles House In America
- Efe Releases A New Single Titled ‘Based On Logistics’ – Download (Audio/Mp3)
- Imo State Government Gives Uriel A Rousing Welcome Party
- What Really Happened, How It All Happend Between Davido And Ice Prince In Warri – Shina Peller Explain
- DOWNLOAD: Eben – Lift The Name (Audio/Mp3 + Lyrics)
- Lola Omotayo Blasts Blogger Who Said “She Is Only Popular Because She Open Her Legs For Psquare”
- DOWNLOAD: Nathaniel Bassey Ft. Victoria Orenze – Alagbada Ina (Audio/Mp3)
Michelle Obama Blasts Trump For ‘Traffic In Prejudice, Fears And Lies’ Hours After He Gives Up Claiming Her Husband Is Not American-Born
ichelle Obama Blasts Trump For ‘Traffic In Prejudice, Fears And Lies’ Hours After He Gives Up Claiming Her Husband Is Not American-Born.
Reports: Daily Mail
First lady Michelle Obama unleashed a blistering attack on Donald Trump’s ‘lies’ about her husband just hours after the GOP presidential candidate finally pronounced her husband to have been born in the U.S.
The popular first lady said a presidential campaign, just like the presidency, ‘reveals who you are’ – before going after the way Trump has conducted himself during his rise to power, a quest aided by relentless questions about Obama’s birth origins.
‘So if a candidate is erratic and threatening, if a candidate traffics in prejudice, fears, and lies on the trail … If they disrespect their fellow citizens, including folks who make extreme sacrifices for our country … let me tell you that is who they are. That is the kind of president they’ll be,’ Obama said.
Campaigning in northern Virginia at George Mason University, the first lady directly brought up the questioning of her husband’s birth, though she didn’t say Trump’s name.
‘Of course there are those who questioned and continue to question for the last eight years up to this very day whether my husband was even born in this country,’ Obama said.
‘Well during his time in office I think Barack has answered those questions with the example he set by going high when they go low,’ she said, to cheers from students in the crowd.
She said a president faces ‘life and death decisions’ in the job.
‘A president can’t just pop off,’ she said.
In another slight at Trump, who has promoted his hotels, golf courses, and other products throughout the campaign, she said the nation needs to elect ‘someone who’s not just in this for themselves, but for the good of this country.’
Read More: Daily Mail