- TRENDING NOW
- Video: Lil Kesh – No Fake Love
- #BBNaija: Bisola Win Final Head Of House Title, As Biggie Pranked The Housemates
- Pela Tonye Okiemute, Nigeria’s Celebrity Bleaching Expert (Photos)
- Shaydee Goes Solo, Splits From Banky W’s EME Records
- ‘Nigeria’s Story Will Not Be Complete Without Remembering Fela’ Says Brymo
- Police Recovered The Body Of Dr. Allwell Orji: Lagos Based Doctor Who Jump Into Lagos Lagoon (Photos + Video)
- EFCC Warn Kemi Adetiba: ‘We Don’t Want To Disrupt The Wedding Party Unannounced’
- #BBNaija: Ese Go Hard on … Warn Fufure Husband (Photo)
- El-Rufai Is Behind My Sex Scandal – Apostle Suleman Issue Fresh Statement… Comes Out With Proof
- Daniella Okeke Breaks Silence Address Allegations Of Sexual Relationship With Apostle Suleiman
Michelle Obama Blasts Trump For ‘Traffic In Prejudice, Fears And Lies’ Hours After He Gives Up Claiming Her Husband Is Not American-Born
ichelle Obama Blasts Trump For ‘Traffic In Prejudice, Fears And Lies’ Hours After He Gives Up Claiming Her Husband Is Not American-Born.
Reports: Daily Mail
First lady Michelle Obama unleashed a blistering attack on Donald Trump’s ‘lies’ about her husband just hours after the GOP presidential candidate finally pronounced her husband to have been born in the U.S.
The popular first lady said a presidential campaign, just like the presidency, ‘reveals who you are’ – before going after the way Trump has conducted himself during his rise to power, a quest aided by relentless questions about Obama’s birth origins.
‘So if a candidate is erratic and threatening, if a candidate traffics in prejudice, fears, and lies on the trail … If they disrespect their fellow citizens, including folks who make extreme sacrifices for our country … let me tell you that is who they are. That is the kind of president they’ll be,’ Obama said.
Campaigning in northern Virginia at George Mason University, the first lady directly brought up the questioning of her husband’s birth, though she didn’t say Trump’s name.
‘Of course there are those who questioned and continue to question for the last eight years up to this very day whether my husband was even born in this country,’ Obama said.
‘Well during his time in office I think Barack has answered those questions with the example he set by going high when they go low,’ she said, to cheers from students in the crowd.
She said a president faces ‘life and death decisions’ in the job.
‘A president can’t just pop off,’ she said.
In another slight at Trump, who has promoted his hotels, golf courses, and other products throughout the campaign, she said the nation needs to elect ‘someone who’s not just in this for themselves, but for the good of this country.’
Read More: Daily Mail